Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Eating cricket eggs?

Hello!

I've heard some ants eggs are a delicacy and was wondering - trying to control my cricket colony - has anybody tried to eat cricket eggs somehow or can point me to a direction where I can find information :)

Thank you very much!

Regards,

Gergana

Comments

• edited November 2016

Crickets pregnant with eggs were once sold in professional packaging based on them being a north eastern Thailand premium value kind of cricket item. In the past the people of NE Thailand were the most likely Thais to be buying/eating edible insects so they would likely know specific delicacies. Currently the modern company that packaged those crickets with eggs does not market that product, although I am not sure if this was for unprofitability among the target western client base or technical issues. See the readable label of that product via www.thailandunique.com/store/images/pregnant_crickets.jpg

• edited June 2017

If you are tired of regularly visiting a pet store for more crickets, raising your own is an option. With some preparation you can create a self-sustaining colony that requires little upkeep and a limitless supply of crickets.

• we have tried eating the eggs, they do not have much flavor