Eating cricket eggs?

Hello!

I've heard some ants eggs are a delicacy and was wondering - trying to control my cricket colony - has anybody tried to eat cricket eggs somehow or can point me to a direction where I can find information :)

Thank you very much!

Regards,

Gergana

Comments

• edited November 2016

Crickets pregnant with eggs were once sold in professional packaging based on them being a north eastern Thailand premium value kind of cricket item. In the past the people of NE Thailand were the most likely Thais to be buying/eating edible insects so they would likely know specific delicacies. Currently the modern company that packaged those crickets with eggs does not market that product, although I am not sure if this was for unprofitability among the target western client base or technical issues. See the readable label of that product via www.thailandunique.com/store/images/pregnant_crickets.jpg

• edited June 16

If you are tired of regularly visiting a pet store for more crickets, raising your own is an option. With some preparation you can create a self-sustaining colony that requires little upkeep and a limitless supply of crickets.

• we have tried eating the eggs, they do not have much flavor